Technology Risks in Divorce
Protect yourself from these potential technology traps.
The wonderful thing about technology is that you can communicate with anyone anywhere; the not so great thing is that all of it is recorded. The laws surrounding the disclosure of your online information are evolving, however, it’s absolutely critical to make sure you mitigate your exposure.
A few tips for protecting your information:
1. Change the passwords on your desktop and laptop computers.
2. Create a new email account that you can safely use for all your divorce related information.
3. Does your family have an iCloud account? Your spouse may have access to all the information in the cloud. Time to get a new one just for you. A worthwhile expenditure at $2.99/month.
4. DO NOT post anything to Social Media that could be used against you. That includes photos that indicate you were partying for example, especially if you are in a custody battle, or photos of your vacation when you’re arguing that you need more spousal support.
5. Facebook Instant Messenger or any texting app can also be used against you. There’s a case where the rate of keystrokes in a series of instant messages indicated that a spouse was faking a disability!
There are so many things to keep track of during divorce, documents, financials, kid’s schedules just to name a few. Don’t let the little details that seem benign come back to haunt you!
provera for jump start period
viagra femenina valencia
essay on alternative medicine
colonial latin america essay topics
essay on importance of friends in life
thesis statement to kill a mockingbird justice
child abuse research papers topics
write an essay about child labour
latest thesis topics in mathematics
levitra 10 mg confezione
good essay writing service
professional university essay writer website for masters
charms of university life essay
essay on honor
cialis alternatives herbal
how do you delete all your emails on iphone 7
ccot essay example china
london business school essay
Need even more information
about the divorce process?
Download my Comprehensive 5-Module Online Seminar
"Breaking the Divorce Code: The Ultimate Guide to Divorce Clarity 2.0"
"In what feels like the most dire of times, Karen has been my trusted and experienced voice of reason. She wisely listens and understands your feelings and goals while being patient and empathetic. Divorce can be challenging in the easiest of times, and she’s by your side as your silent partner. KB is worth the investment."
T.C. | Published Author
"Your work session was extremely informative and super helpful. I can’t thank you enough. Seriously, I didn’t know where to start. Before the work session, I was having anxieties. Now that I have the tools necessary to go through the Divorce process, I am confident with less anxieties. Knowledge is power."
Dora R. | Financial Executive