Are You Angry at Your Soon-to-be Ex?
One of the strongest emotions people feel during the divorce process is anger. Anger clouds your thinking and causes emotional decision-making. It also creates a defensive posture from the recipient of the anger and, slows down the divorce process. Here are a few things to ask yourself if you find your anger getting the best of you:
- Is acting out of anger serving me or is it just making me even angrier? How will I feel after I direct my emotions towards my spouse?
- Is the recipient of my anger hearing and listening to me?
- Am I an angry person under normal circumstances?
- What are my kids hearing and seeing?
- Is this the way I want to live?
While letting go of your anger is easier said than done, taking a step back can certainly help.
- When you feel your anger about to get the best of you, instead of directing at a person, try using the energy for something physical like running or jumping. If you need to scream, scream-just not at anyone! Perhaps your pillow or a stuffed animal will work, or running outside and screaming into the sky.
- Take 3 deep breaths and count to 10. (You might try this before #1)
- Now ask yourself, do you still want to focus your anger on your spouse?
It can be that simple. Just slowing down your brain and getting a bit of distance from the thoughts that are causing anger can be a great way to reduce the stress you’re feeling. Try it!
essay reviewer tagalog
why do we have friends essay
nolvadex by astrazeneca
crestor tabs 10mg
donde comprar cialis con garantia
internet censorship in schools essay
commercial paper medium term notes
different technical writing and creative writing
buy original essay
Viagra for dill morning power online shop in mumbai
service learning essay
essays about forensic psychology
go to link
prednisolone zentiva solupred
how fast does doxycycline work
accutane and o'connell
subject by subject comparison and contrast essay
job analysis paper example
viagra tucanes tijuana
cipro flagyl thrush
the secret sharer essay
comprar viagra rosario
major side effect of lipitor
Need even more information
about the divorce process?
Download my Comprehensive 5-Module Online Seminar
"Breaking the Divorce Code: The Ultimate Guide to Divorce Clarity 2.0"
"In what feels like the most dire of times, Karen has been my trusted and experienced voice of reason. She wisely listens and understands your feelings and goals while being patient and empathetic. Divorce can be challenging in the easiest of times, and she’s by your side as your silent partner. KB is worth the investment."
T.C. | Published Author
"Your work session was extremely informative and super helpful. I can’t thank you enough. Seriously, I didn’t know where to start. Before the work session, I was having anxieties. Now that I have the tools necessary to go through the Divorce process, I am confident with less anxieties. Knowledge is power."
Dora R. | Financial Executive