5 Reasons Divorce Can Be Harder for Men
The tides are changing. Research shows that 70% of divorces are initiated by women in heterosexual marriages. The reasons are unclear however, some suggest that women may be less satisfied with their relationships and actually do something about it. The women’s movement and women joining the workforce at higher rates surely has an impact as well.
Given the expectations of marriage and of men as the primary breadwinners and that their wives are expected to take on all the traditional roles, it’s no wonder men who face an unwanted divorce may have a harder time.
Some other reasons men may be more challenged by divorce than women:
1. Men tend to be reluctant to ask for help. While therapy is becoming more socially acceptable, men are not used to seeking help. Many feel it’s a sign of weakness rather than an opportunity to find strength and hope.
2. Men typically rely on their wives to provide the social life. As a result, when they divorce, their circle remains small. They may lose their identity no longer being part of a couple.
3. Women share their emotional highs and lows with their friends whereas men may feel it’s inappropriate to share personal issues and/or, they may not have developed a group of friends outside of their marriage.
4. Men don’t realize how much of the family work women do. When couples get divorced men are faced with figuring everything out – from how to turn on the washing machine to how to put their children to bed.
5. As a result, often, men find themselves rushing into relationships too soon without doing the work that may have caused their marriage to end in the first place. The divorce rates for 2nd and 3rd marriages are 67% and 75%.
If you’re a man facing divorce and find yourself overwhelmed and unsure, know that it’s perfectly normal! Find a therapist, hire a Divorce Coach, join a support group, anything that will help you move on with your life, be a better parent and create your new chapter.
bacon writer essays
viagra soft taps
chemistry lab report rubric
thesis on anti ulcer activity
learn how to write essay
pdf resume templates free
resume cover letter samples for bartenders
popular dissertation writing services for university
business case study executive summary example
go to site
no homework pass
analysis essays to buy
cv writing service midlands
cv writing service kent
where can i write a check and get cash back
dainik bhaskar hindi news paper rajasthan
micro teaching assignment
research paper headings and subheadings
research paper zone
ap chemistry help websites
christmas tree writing paper
viagra doesnt always work
photosynthesis research paper
Need even more information
about the divorce process?
Download my Comprehensive 5-Module Online Seminar
"Breaking the Divorce Code: The Ultimate Guide to Divorce Clarity 2.0"
"In what feels like the most dire of times, Karen has been my trusted and experienced voice of reason. She wisely listens and understands your feelings and goals while being patient and empathetic. Divorce can be challenging in the easiest of times, and she’s by your side as your silent partner. KB is worth the investment."
T.C. | Published Author
"Your work session was extremely informative and super helpful. I can’t thank you enough. Seriously, I didn’t know where to start. Before the work session, I was having anxieties. Now that I have the tools necessary to go through the Divorce process, I am confident with less anxieties. Knowledge is power."
Dora R. | Financial Executive